I have been going back and forth for almost a year on whether or not to start blogging, analyzing if I really had the time for it. I finally took the plunge and piece by piece started writing. Writing is my outlet and how I express myself. Sometimes it’s hard to put it all out there, but so many people supported my in this decision; my family, friends and colleagues.
Thank you, Laila!!!
I originally found Leila’s blog page, From the Scars, when randomly searching through categories of other writers on WordPress. Immediately I was touched by her raw emotion and total honesty. Laila is a lifestyle blogger who puts the everyday things into new perspective. The way she can make you think about the small things will really make you scratch your head and wonder why you’ve never noticed these things before! Laila is very candid about her life, which is what makes her writing so relatable. From the first blog I read, I knew she was someone like me.
She is also posting one chapter at a time on her page and you get hooked immediately! From the Scars will have you hooked and searching through past posts.
Come get to know Laila, and her supportive family who have stood by her and supported her writing goals, all while leading a busy life, and somehow finding the time to accomplish her own personal goals.
My Favorite Blog
There are so many amazing blogs out there, and so many that I read every single day. The one that touched my heart was Dear Cow. This piece was written by barblarue and will shake you to your very core. This is not a long read, and in the words she does give, she opens the perspective to the violence that animals face everyday. I am an avid animal lover and have myself delved into the dark world of animal cruelty in all aspects.
This piece educates you in a very poetic way about what we all know, but deny ourselves to think about. It was extremely hard picking just one post from her, but this had the most impact on me personally. In no way do I believe that this is judgemental to anyone and the choices they make, but more of an awareness. So often in life we turn a blind eye to the truth, but this will absolutely get your attention.
10 random facts about me
- I have always loved writing and it is how I express myself.
- I have owned more exotic pets than “normal” pets.
- I hate shaving! It is endless and tiring and I don’t think men understand what we go through grooming ourselves from head to toe.
- Horror movies are my vice. I can’t get enough; seriously, I may have a problem.
- I find comfort in solitude, especially since with a family, I never get that anymore.
- My daughter almost died when she was born. She fought and is 8 years old now (there is an upcoming blog about this in the works).
- Spider crickets are the devil and should all burn in hell. If you’ve ever experienced these in your home, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
- I do not believe we are alone in the universe, but an encounter of any kind would certainly lead me into a self-induced heart attack. Seriously, E.T. wasn’t a cute movie, and Fire in the Sky certainly secured this fear.
- I have the biggest crush on Steven Tyler, starting from childhood.
- Like my nominator, Leila, I played the violin when I was young, elementary through high school.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
This award is a way of giving recognition to new bloggers, commending them on their hard-work, passion, and dedication to their writing. It is a “Thank you and a job well done,” so to speak, for imparting an ever-lasting impression that will motivate and help their followers and other bloggers to come. This award is recognized by fellow bloggers in the blogging community as an honorable badge of accomplishment. Nominees are selected by previous Liebster Award nominees, as the cycle of supporting one another continues.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This is optional, but if you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about yourself.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply include the link below to the official rules website.)
- Select 11 questions for the individuals/blogs you nominated.
- Inform the people/blogs that you selected of their nomination for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
The questions given to me by Leila
What is the one post made by yourself that you like the most? And Why?
Look Around, You’re Missing Out
This is certainly the post that I like the most because we all need to be reminded from time to time that we don’t stop and appreciate each other enough. Bullying and body shaming is a sad evil that happens to so many people every single day. I have become a huge fan of vlogger Daniel Euan Henderson, who I watch at least a few times a week to remember that imperfections are perfections.
If you were going to be a character in someone’s book, who would you want to write it?
Anne Rice, hands down. She is my favorite author and can take you into a story like no one else can. She touches on each character so amazingly well.
What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Nothing, I don’t really have much of a sweet tooth anymore.
For what in your life are you grateful?
My daughter, first and foremost. She was a “surprise” and the most amazing little girl with a very quirky personality. My mother, who has taught me to analyze things carefully and think about the big picture; my father, who taught me great work ethic and to never give up; my sister, who is one of my biggest inspirations. And of course my partner in life, for without his goofy sense of humor and support, I would not be able to make it through each day.
Give a tip for other bloggers or potential bloggers?
Never give up and don’t quit! If you start blogging, it’s for you. There is no right and no wrong, this is your personal journey. Pick a niche or don’t, but never stop, you touch more people that you realize.
What is your favorite dish?
This is a hard one because if I have too much of anything I get disgusted with it. Like Ramen, I would rather starve. But I have to say that at the top of the list is nachos, plain and simple. Sometimes with the works, but more of the time just plain jane is how I love them.
When you have writers’ block what do you do to work it out?
I need 100% quiet when I’m stuck; no noise whatsoever. If it goes beyond that, I walk away, because it will just come to me at some point. I have faith.
What inspired you to start blogging?
While I’ve toyed around with the idea for a while, and I’ve always loved writing, a very good friend I went to high-school with inspired me. I blog stalked her for a long time and I was in awe at her bravery over some very deep and personal issues that she posted.
What has been your greatest achievement?
At one point in my life I was at rock bottom with no determination, no motivation and no aspiration to do anything about it. I had toxic people in my life. The birth of my daughter gave me the strength that I could never find on my own to do better for her and myself. We started over and are in a much better place.
What is your next blogging goal?
I am currently delving into doing a little freelance work. I have a full-time job and a family, but am dabbling into doing a little on the side. I’ve just recently started and happy to say that I just completed a small editing job for an article that was translated from Russian to English that I helped clean up and flow a little better. Hoping to write a little on side projects in the future.
If you could have one superpower what would it be?
The gift of time, which I lack so much of right now. I’m always doing something and am so busy. If I could freeze time a little bit each day, that would be nice.
My Nominations are:
The Questions for my Nominees Are:
- Who is your biggest supporter since you started blogging?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- Salty or sweet?
- What is your biggest pet peeve and why?
- If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
- Biggest historical influencer? (living or deceased)
- If we met for coffee, what would we talk about?
- How did you pick your blogging niche (or did you not)?
- How long could you go device-free before you lose your mind?
- What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
- What is your biggest irrational fear?
Congrats to all of the nominees!!!